Tuesday, December 30, 2008
2. Our furnace broke yesterday, so we don't have heat right now. That's not as bad as it could be because it's been in the 50's the last two days. My dad seems to think it is a relatively simple fix. I'm hopeful we'll be much warmer tonight!
3. With the new year and more energy from not being pregnant, I am gearing back up to work on my stamping/scrapbooking business.
4. Bryce and Jarron got Ninetendo DSs for Christmas-so there's been a lot of gaming going on at our house this past week. Now the 4 year old, Jackson, wants one too. He's got a long wait until July-his birthday.
5. I turned 32 this past weekend, I can not believe that. I can't pretend to be in my late 20's anymore-I am well on my way to mid-30's.
6. Speaking of my birthday, Chuck got me an external hard drive for my birthday. I've already loaded it up with ALL of the pictures that were on our laptop (literally thousands) and it hasn't even made a dent in the memory! Woo. Hoo.
7. So I've realized I'm a bit of a nerd-my last few purchases/presents that I've really loved are all technology related. I am so sad that I am no longer cool.
8. Brody is growing so fast-it's crazy. He holds his head up like he wants to sit up. When you put him in a car seat it looks like he's trying to lean out! And he is constantly smiling! Such a sweet open mouthed smile-so freaking cute.
9. I am looking forward to spending some time with some good friends on New Year's Eve-the best part-we all have boys the same age! I am a bit bummed that we aren't going to Winterfest but it's just too cold to take Brody this year!
10. I can't wait until all of the new programs come back on TV next week-so very tired of reruns. And I am super excited about Scrubs returning-looks like Tuesday will also be a comedy night! (Right now Mondays are super full-How I met Your Mother, Chuck, Worst Week, and Samantha Who-not to mention Jon & Kate plus 8-my poor DVR-it's nice to spread the love with other days of the week.)
Happy New Year!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
2. I love wrapping presents-I'd wrap my neighbor's or friend's presents, if they'd let me. I worked at a bookstore for 5 years and I got so excited any time someone would ask if we did gift wrapping-"why yes, yes we do!" :)
3.My favorite Christmas memory was when I was 9 or 10 years old. My parents got me a 10 speed bike. It wasn't the present that was so special-it was they way they presented it. They made up a bunch of clues and had a scaveneger hunt that led me to my bike. (For the record-I used the bike about six times before I took a nasty fall and NEVER rode it again.)
4. All of my children (even Brody this year) have worn the same pair of plaid pjs for their first Christmas.
5. In 2004, Jackson's first Christmas, the twins went downstairs before Chuck and I woke up. We had no idea-in fact we were amazed they had slept in until 8 or so when we woke up. They hadn't! They were so excited to open presents that they had gone down early that morning and opened everything up.
We went downstairs to find the twins sitting in a sea of wrapping paper and opened presents. Since they couldn't read the tags, they had opened EVERYTHING. Their presents, Jackson's presents, our presents, aunts, uncles, cousins...everything.
We now have a rule that no one goes downstairs without Mommy or Daddy on Christmas.
2005-Clearly, not a great tree picking out year. Poor Jack-Jack.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Why, what's this you ask? It's the story of a very special Christmas decoration here at the Lakes household!
Each year the twins' school has a Santa's secret shop, where the kids can purchase small items for family members for less than $3 or so. The boys LOVE Santa's secret shop-they love picking out presents for people but have no patience when it comes to actually giving the presents. They never wait until Christmas.
Last year, Bryce came home from school one day and said, "I found the perfect gift for Daddy today; I can't wait until it's our turn to shop the Santa store. I hope it's still there!"
Hmmmnnnn...I'll be honest most of their gifts have never even remotely been something Chuck or I would ever buy for ourselves (although we love every one of them-since they picked them out and all), so I was a little suspicious.
"Oh really," I said, "what is it?"
"Oh I'm not telling you, it's a secret, but it is probably the best gift ever."
Now I was intrigued.
So, the next day when I got home from work, there he was sitting in the middle of our kitchen table, Country Singing Santa.
"What's that?" I asked.
"That's the gift I got Daddy-isn't it awesome, he sings!" Bryce said excitedly, "Daddy is going to love it!"
I tried really hard not to laugh-Chuck's not a fan of country music and to my knowledge he has never worn a large belt buckle or a flannel shirt.
Bryce was so very excited-he'd press the button and Santa would start singing in a country twang. He'd end his song with:
"Merry Christmas Darling!"
Chuck was (of course) very surprised to receive such an unusual gift and made a big deal of how great it was so he wouldn't hurt Bryce's feelings.
Since Daddy liked his present so much, Bryce suggested he put it on his dresser where Jackson wouldn't break it or mess it up.
Country Singing Santa resides on Chuck's dresser most of the year, but at Christmas time we bring out this very special decoration.
"Merry Christmas Darling!"
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
2. Things on my Christmas prep list that I accomplished this weekend:
getting/decorating Christmas tree
Left on the to do list:
Too many to list! :(
3. Jarron and I got a really horrible virus this weekend and spent much of the time getting sick, waiting to get sick, or being exhausted from being sick.
4. Because of #3, we both missed FBC's Children's Christmas program-but Daddy caught it all on film (well, technically a memory card, but you get the point). How funny is it that our by the rules boy, Bryce, is singing, while Jackson has his hands in his pockets looking as if he'd rather be anywhere but on stage.
5. It's snowing! Not a ton but enough to make my commute home dicey. Still looks pretty though.
6. Jackson has become a little tornado of unintentional destruction. In the past month he has flooded the kid's bathroom (causing damage to our kitchen ceiling) by leaving the sink on, has messed up the ceiling fan in the boys room (I never got a straight answer on how that happened-I do know that toys and the top bunk were involved), and last night he knocked over our fully decorated Christmas tree. I don't mean that it was leaning, I mean laying on the floor with ornaments scattered about. I wish I had taken a picture.
7. Brody is starting to become quite the happy little baby. He's still a Moose though.
8.Basketball is really gearing up for the twins-so I better get used to hang out courtside for the next few months.
9. I'll be spending my evening up to my elbows in pretzels, hershey's kisses and m&ms. For a select lucky few, that means pretzel hugs are in your future!
10. I'm really enjoy all of the holiday related programming that's been on TV lately! Even my very favorite current show, Chuck, had a holiday themed episode last night!
That's it for today! Have a safe night on the roads!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
2. Speaking of the weekend, the only errand that I have on the agenda is the annual Christmas tree hunt. For the past two years we've bought our tree at a local landscaping store-I'm looking into a tree farm near our house in West Chester for this year-stay tuned!
3. How is it possible that most of the invoices were not paid while I was out for THREE months! You cannot begin to imagine how much work I have come back to.
4. Look who's back for the season....
that's right-Country Singing Santa-look for a blog post in the next few days that explains the story behind this guy-'Merry Christmas Darling'
5. I'm loving these little block people that Loretta and Don made for my munchkins...
6. Jarron's baptism on Sunday went well-he seemed pretty nervous before hand but did great-so proud of him!
7. I'm not sure why but lately Jackson has been bringing a random assortment of toys into our family room. He'll arrange them all on his lap and play with them. Note that this random assortment included half a plastic Easter egg.
8.This little guy isn't feeling too good-he is so congested...my poor little winter baby.
9. Have you been to the remodeled Michael's in Voice of America? Because, oh my! It's like a scrapbooker's dream store-you just have no idea how happy that place made me. Now I am just waiting patiently for the Bridgewater Falls store to get the same remodel.
10. Finally, this picture of the boys and their cousins, Blaze and Keaton, just cracks me up. Everyone looks so thrilled-except poor Keaton-who looks like someone just punched his best friend. He was fine ten seconds later-just wasn't interested in having the photo taken!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
EDIT: I removed the slide show but you can still see it here:
Friday, November 21, 2008
Jarron was assigned George Washington. Surprisingly, he didn't mind the wig too much.
Bryce was assigned Henry Ford. He looks so grown up here.
And since I haven't had much Jackson news in my blog lately-drumroll, please....my very first video upload...here's little video of him saying his Cubbies verse. The video quality is terrible-not sure why-but at least you get to hear his sweet little voice. :)
Thursday, November 20, 2008
He weighs 12 pounds 7 ounces (I Know!!) and is 23 3/4 inches long. He's our little moose. :)
Other than the colic and reflux he's right on track-although on the big side. Unfortunately he also had to get his vaccines today-4 shots and 1 orally- so I think we are in for a rough night!
The doctor thinks that the new formula and the Zantac will really help Brody and that within a few days we should see a big improvement.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
My doctor called this morning to let me know my blood pressure was getting pretty high again, so it looks like I have to go back to my family doctor. Bummer.
I did want to post a few pictures from a couple of weeks ago. Bryce, Jarron and Jackson went with Daddy and the other "men" in the family (Uncle Don, Papaw, Donnie and Zachary) to Lexington for the Wildcats Blue and White game. Daddy said the boys had a blast and were even featured on the jumbo-tron twice! The following week their picture was on the official UK basketball website (although it is gone now).
Friday, November 7, 2008
2. Facebook is completely addictive-seriously. I should have never even went there.
3. My iPod touch makes Facebook even easier to be addicted to-but I'm still loving it!
4. I took Brody in to work today to visit my team-I resisted the urge to turn on my computer and start barrelling through email-but just barely.
5. I'm loving this little picture of Brody-he looks so old here.
Have a super weekend!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Apparently, there are 5 of me in the US. And because Chuck and I are super creative when it comes to naming our kids (or super weird, depends on your perspective) there are only one of each of our children in the US!
I knew our boys were one of a kind! :)
Don't forget to vote today...I'm headed to the polls when Chuck gets home; I decided against taking the four boys with me, I heard the lines were LOOONG! (Thank goodness I have my ipod touch with three episdoses of the highly addictive show Psych loaded and ready to watch.)
Monday, November 3, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
9 pounds 2 ounces
14 inch head
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
The twins had their last soccer game and a party to celebrate. Jarron was goalie for a quarter and was the talk of the game-he must have blocked 20 goals. The other team did score one goal while he was in the net but he did awesome for as many shots as they took. The game ended in a tie so the boys were pretty happy. We headed out for the pizza party right after where the boys got their soccer trophies and got to hang out with their friends for awhile.
Bryce and Jarron at the soccer party.
Chuck surprised me with a totally amazing Sweetest Day gift-the ipod touch! I was so excited, we've all had fun playing with it. (And yes, in case you were wondering-I did forget it was Sweetest Day-poor Chuck-I'll make it up to him on Valentine's Day).
That night we went for our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. This year we went to a patch near our house with our Sunday school class. The boys had a blast in the corn maze but it was pretty chilly.
The boys and I at the pumpkin patch.
I hope the chilly weather wasn't the reason, but poor little Brody has his first cold. He's been hanging out in his car seat for the past few nights to try and ease his congestion, hopefully he gets better soon. He's one month old today and has a doctor visit this Friday. I'll post his updated weight and stats this weekend!
Friday, October 17, 2008
The twins went to Kentucky's Midnight Madness last week and got to meet Kyle Macey-they were so excited!
In Jackson news, he had a play date at his friend Otto's house yesterday. It was his first play date, a big deal for our shy little guy. He had a total blast.
Our last soccer game is this weekend and we are making our annual trip to the pumpkin patch on Saturday-I'll post some pictures next week.
Have a good weekend!
Monday, October 13, 2008
It is with great happiness that we announce the birth of our fourth son, Brody Edward. Brody was born September 22, 2008 at 10:56 AM. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.
Brody was born about 3 weeks early after I had spent a few weeks on bed rest and made a couple of trips to the hospital. He was perfectly healthy and is a very sweet and calm baby.
Bryce, Jarron and Jackson completely adore their new little brother. In the 3 weeks since his arrival, all three have taken turns holding and feeding him.
I am doing so much better, my blood pressure is finally under control and my energy is starting to come back. I just wanted to post a few pictures of our new little guy...check back later this week for updates on the "big" guys.