Pages

Friday, December 4, 2020

the one with the thanksgiving that wasn’t

Thanksgiving 2020. The first Thanksgiving I’ve spent without my extended family by my side. I have new appreciation for people who move away from loved ones and have to navigate the holidays far away.
I was scheduled to have surgery on December 2nd-so we did the responsible thing and tried to isolate as much as possible to protect me from the Covid virus. Which meant not seeing the people we loved most.
Unfortunately, it was all for naught, as I tested positive the Monday before my surgery (fortunately only losing my sense of smell).
This has been the strangest and most difficult year we’ve experienced-so of course, Thanksgiving wouldn’t be normal.
I still tried to spend time reflecting on the things I am grateful for-my family, my faith, and my friends. ❤️


No comments: