Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ten on Tuesday: Christmas Edition

1. I LOVE Christmas-it's my favorite time of the year. I must have at least 10 Christmas cds and I listen to them all-I usually start playing them the day after Halloween. My favorite song is Winter Wonderland, followed closely by White Christmas, and We Three Kings.


2. I love wrapping presents-I'd wrap my neighbor's or friend's presents, if they'd let me. I worked at a bookstore for 5 years and I got so excited any time someone would ask if we did gift wrapping-"why yes, yes we do!" :)



3.My favorite Christmas memory was when I was 9 or 10 years old. My parents got me a 10 speed bike. It wasn't the present that was so special-it was they way they presented it. They made up a bunch of clues and had a scaveneger hunt that led me to my bike. (For the record-I used the bike about six times before I took a nasty fall and NEVER rode it again.)


4. All of my children (even Brody this year) have worn the same pair of plaid pjs for their first Christmas.


5. In 2004, Jackson's first Christmas, the twins went downstairs before Chuck and I woke up. We had no idea-in fact we were amazed they had slept in until 8 or so when we woke up. They hadn't! They were so excited to open presents that they had gone down early that morning and opened everything up.

We went downstairs to find the twins sitting in a sea of wrapping paper and opened presents. Since they couldn't read the tags, they had opened EVERYTHING. Their presents, Jackson's presents, our presents, aunts, uncles, cousins...everything.

We now have a rule that no one goes downstairs without Mommy or Daddy on Christmas.




The Aftermath




Jackson with his first (opened) presents


6. I'm so happy that the boys are old enough now to help pick out and decorate the tree, I love this tradition.




2005-Clearly, not a great tree picking out year. Poor Jack-Jack.



7. Last year, I handmade 70 Christmas cards-it took weeks! This year, my super wonderful sister in law Bobbi created and ordered our cards.


8.Every year I say I'm not going to make a turkey for Christmas dinner. Every year, I make a turkey.


9.My favorite Christmas movie is 'A Christmas Story'. I have two copies of it on DVD, just in case one gets scratched. I also like 'Holiday Inn' (most people don't realize the song "White Christmas" first appeared in this movie-not the movie 'White Christmas').





10. Merry Christmas!!! Hope you are able to celebrate our Lord Jesus Christ's birth with those that mean the most to you!

No comments: