Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Long Update...

I've been a bad blogger. But in my own defense, I've been super busy the past few weeks getting everything ready for my return to work. So this will be a long post...
What have I missed updating? Well there was Thanksgiving....
We had dinner with the Lakes side in mid November and had a great time. Chuck's mom made pizza for the boys, which was a great idea. (Especially for my super picky eater-Jackson-who will only eat meat-no side dishes at all-or pizza.) And I got this picture of all of the Lakes cousins.
I made dinner for my family on Thanksgiving Day. (And I wore my brand new Christmas Story apron while cooking-made it much more fun!) Bobbi took our Christmas card photos while she was there. I'm not posting the official card photo (only because I don't have it electronically) but here's a couple of shots from the day...


The twins had their 7 year checkup (yes, I realize their birthday was in April). Bryce is now 4' 2" and 56 pounds and Jarron is 4' 1" and 52 pounds. They are growing up so super fast that it is scary-they will be taller than me before I know it!
Jackson got his head shaved last week-we are still having issues with him pulling it out. It actually looks really good. Brody is adjusting well to his new formula and medicine. He's not crying as much and is starting to smile a lot more. He slept through the night for the first time Tuesday (the night before I went back to work) and has slept through the night every night since then.
I went back to work on Wednesday. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I think really liking your job makes it much easier.
It's been a crazy couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to getting settled into a routine. And, of course, it's my very favorite time of the year! I pulled out the Christmas decorations and put up the lights the day before Thanksgiving. Since we get a live tree we've had to wait to put that up but that's on the schedule for this coming week!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: