Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The One with Another Ten on Tuesday {but no pictures...}

1. Without pictures....because, I am lame and didn't take a single picture all weekend long.
 
2.  I had an epic week last week and not in a good way. I got a cold about three weeks ago. By Thursday of last week it still hadn't gone away and my neck was completely stiff and hurt something awful. So I googled my symptoms. Not a good idea. I quickly become convinced that I had meningitis. So I went to urgent care. Saw the worst doctor. Who stood about five feet away in a surgical mask and diagnosed me with an upper respiratory infection and a pulled neck muscle (from violent coughing fits). Awesome.
 
3.  Jackson went to the AWANA store this week at church and continued our children's tradition of buying the most violent toy they could find-a battle ax. Which promptly got broken on the way home.
4. In my attempts to fix the battle ax I super-glued a bottle of super glue to my hand. True story. Chuck had to pry it off.  Super awesome. I was able to get the residue off with nail polish remover. Chuck end up using a lighter to fix the battle ax. 
 
5. I spent 2 hours and went to 3 different stores to find costumes for the boys this year for Halloween. You would think they are going as something unique or elaborate. Nope. Just really hard to find the sizes we needed for some reason. But they are happy. Jarron was on the fence about even dressing up this year, so I am really glad he found something that worked for him. I'm not ready for him to be too old for Halloween.
 
6. While costume shopping, Jarron asked, from the back of the van, "What does brouhaha mean?" I was driving so I couldn't google for the "official" answer. I gave him a rambling, long winded answer, to which he responded, "Are you sure about that? You don't seem sure..." 
 
7. The new team that I work with are "huggers". It is well documented that I am not a hugger. At all. Seriously, these people are always hugging each other. I was a little worried that our last team meeting was going to end in a group hug. This could be a problem.
 
8. Some people have asked for an update on our adventures in fishkeeping: we currently have 3 black mollies, one orange fish, and about 7 million snails. We have no idea where the snails came from or how they keep multiplying.
 
9. I was working the nursery this weekend at church and told Moosey to be nice to one of the other kids {he was stealing her blocks}. He looked at the girl and said "You be nice to me." I guess I should be glad he's talking in complete sentences.
 
10.  I'm getting my haircut next week and I'm super duper excited about it. Oh, and Chuck and the twins are going to the Blue and White game down at UK next week and they are {kinda} excited about that too. Be back next week with pictures!

No comments: