Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The One With A Weeknd of Parks (and Ten on Tuesday)

1. Last Wednesday was our last night of teaching the K-1 grade at church. Instead of our usual lesson, Chuck and Mike set up an obstacle course for the kids. There is nothing funnier than watching 5-7 years olds try to jump rope and do jumping jacks. Hilarious.
Our Wednesday night crew

2. After a morning of running errands, I took all four boys to Fort Liberty park, by MYSELF. I am ridiculously proud of that. It was a little crowded but the twins were great about helping with the two younger boys. I think we all had a good time.
Bryce is incapable of being serious for photos

3. I totally skinned my knee playing frisbee in the backyard with the boys. Proving two things: the boys clearly get their gracefulness from me, and my kids are real gentlemen. As soon as I went down, they were immediately by my side, reaching their hands down to help me up. They didn't laugh at all. (Which, for the record, I totally would have!) Of course, the reason I fell was the giant hole they dug a few years ago, that we've tried to fill in every year without success, but at least they helped me up.
Random picture of Jackson before the skinning of the knee.
4. In the car the other night Jarron was listing the reasons why he loved Kentucky, they were as follows:
-My favorite team plays there.
-Some of their towns look like the Old West.
-They have SWEET hotels. (Loved this one.)
-All the cool people are from there.
-My favorite team plays there.
When I pointed out the he mentioned the favorite team thing twice, he said "I know, it's the most important reason". I think Chuck was pleased to see that the Wildcats brainwashing was a success.

5. There's a little deer park not far from where we live and we went over with some family this weekend. I attempted to get a picture of the boys in front of the deer. This was the result. 4 different shots, each kid looking a different way. If I had Bobbi's mad photoshop skillz, I'd cut and paste some heads to make it work. Sadly, I don't possess that skill, so you get 4 bad shots.

6. Never the less, the boys enjoyed feeding the deer. Moose kept calling them "Woof-Woofs", because in Moose's world, just like all men except Daddy are Papaws, all animals are "Woof-Woofs".

7. Since we were over that way, we headed to Heritage Park. We really enjoyed it-the trails are really nice and the playground is awesome. The boys had a lot of fun playing with their cousins.

8. While there, Loretta and I went for a walk with Moosey. Every so often, we could hear the guns from a nearby gun range. Each time, Moose would stop and say "Uh-oh, I'm dead" and we'd have to assure him that he was not dead.

9. I recently discovered that Keebler manufactures Girl Scout cookies. My all time favorite GS cookie is the Jubilee (I think they are called they are now called Caramel Delights). So imagine my joy when I found these Keebler cookies at Krogers-Coconut Dreams. Mmmmmm...yes, please!

10. I am thisclose to finishing the antique desk I've been working on. Just needs one more coat of stain and drawer pulls and it will be ready to go. I can't tell you how happy I am to see it coming back to life. Pictures to come...

No comments: