Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The One With The Best Day Ever

After all the fun the boys had playing tennis on Fountain Square a few weeks ago, we'd been thinking about getting them some rackets and taking them to a court to play. Chuck's good friend Nick (Hi Nick!), happens to be an awesome tennis pro and hooked the boys up with some kid sized rackets (thanks Nick!).
This weekend we took the boys to our high school court and played a little tennis. And it was hilarious. There were tennis balls flying everywhere.
Moosey spent most of the time chasing down balls, and Jackson spent most the time collecting them (he's into "collecting" things these days).
Yup, they are brothers, I know-they don't look a thing alike, but they are indeed brothers!
Bryce and Jarron really had a good time playing against Chuck and after awhile I even hit a few. There were a few photos of that but they weren't very flattering-so I deleted them-sorry Chuck!

Jackson and Moosey were promised a visit to a swingset so we made a quick stop at the park after our "tennis lessons"...which led to boys hanging upside down, as it always does.

I am super proud of this next picture-I am no Bobbi, but I think this particular shot is pretty cool-the ride is spinning but I caught Bryce somewhat in focus! Yay me!!!

As we were walking into McDonalds for dinner, Jackson said, "This was the best day ever, well, except for when I go to Heaven someday, that will probably be the best day ever. But this was a great day. I got to play video games, and find free tennis balls, go to the park, and now McDonalds!"

Oh, to be 6 years old again! :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Aww, Jackson's comment was sooooo sweet!! I wonder if my kids will ever say something like that :-) And what it will be that they think is the best day ever.