Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

The One With Football, Lots Of Football

Fridays in Ohio means one thing-high school football. And this particular Friday, Fairfield (our local high school) was playing Colerain (our old community's high school), so it was a "can't miss" game for us.

I came away from the game with two thoughts:
1-you should never, ever take a two year old to a high school football game. Just trust me, it's not worth it.
2-I'm not a fan of teenagers. Let me clarify, I am not a fan of rude teenagers, teenagers that wear inappropriate clothing to football games, that use swear words in front of 9 or 6 years olds, or that push each other into women carrying 2 year olds. Chuck thinks overall the crowd was well behaved, maybe he's right and I'm overreacting but I don't think I'll be bringing the little ones back for awhile. We'll stick to Upward games, I think. That being said, Moose LOVED the band and the mascots. He kept yelling, "Hi, Woof-Woof!" at the Colerain Cardinal. Hilarious.

Speaking of Upward, our first games of the season took place this Saturday. Jackson's team, the Mighty Raiders, kicked things off. Jackson played hard and looked pretty tough out there.

He is playing on the same team as his best friend (and look alike) Otto, which he loves.

They had so much fun! Jackson pulled a few flags and had a run or two and they kept it pretty close.

After a quick lunch, it was time for game two, Bryce and Jarron's team, the Rockets.

The twins are playing in the bigger league this year-4th and 5th graders, and it showed. Yikes! Some of those kids were a lot bigger than my guys, so glad they are not playing tackle! The boys played great and both had a bunch of good plays. I love seeing them both out there at the same time. I can only imagine what the other players are thinking. It's really hard to tell them apart with their uniforms and rec specs on.

And a bonus picture for you...this little guy is turning two in just two short days!!! The Moose likes having his picture taken but ONLY on his terms and he was not interested in it on this particular morning. He looks like a celebrity fighting off the paparazzi-poor kid, he does have a camera in his face a lot.

No comments: