Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

The One Where We Went Hiking

In an effort to be healthier and more active, we decided to take the boys on a short hike last week. We went to a "new to us" park in West Chester. The trail wasn't strenuous and it was pretty easy to navigate (even with the Moose). There was a small creek bed at the bottom of the trail and the boys had a great time skipping rocks and jumping around on the pathway. I even spotted a frog hanging out by the creek side. Although as soon as he saw the four rowdy boys approaching, he froze (in terror-I could see it on his face!). He had no desire to attract our attention. I mean, if I was a frog I wouldn't want our crew poking and prodding me. :)

After the hike, the boys spent some time on the playground equipment.

When I was in grade school there was a family that had 5 boys. And any time her boys would do something unruly or crazy, the mom would just say, "well, boys will be boys". I always thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard-that it was just an excuse for bad behavior.
But you know what? She was right.
Because even though this boy has visited Urgent Care more than all of his brothers combined this year, I caught him doing this. I'm not even sure what he is doing here but I know it was not the intended use of that piece of playground equipment.

Yup, apparently boys will be boys. I guess I owe Mrs. H an apology!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

What park?

And yes, boys will be boys. :-) My boy is one of them - and he's not the worst. He doesn't have the influence of another brother! I just watch him closely, in anticipation, always aware that something might happen. Luckily, he's very coordinated and strong.