Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The One With Vacation Bible School

So, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a bit behind on blogging. But I will be caught up by the end of this week-which means a whole slew of posts. :) Aren't you lucky!
The boys had Vacation Bible School at our church a few weeks ago. I stayed home with Mr Moose for the week-which was an adventure. I have no idea how single parents do it! Moose was completely bored without his brothers there to keep him entertained and add to that the awful thunderstorms we had each night and it made for a looong week.

The boys had a great time at VBS, though. Their cousin, Blaze went with them each night. I love that our church has T shirts you can buy-it will be neat to look back and see how they have grown with each year.

Jackson got a special treat at VBS this year, his teacher gave each of the kids a goldfish! Jackson named his Roxas, after a character on his Disney Kingdom of Hearts game. When I asked him why, he said, "Roxas changes characters into anything he wants-he can be Goofy or Mickey or whoever."
"Okay, but what does that have to do with your goldfish?"
"Moooom, I've never had a fish, maybe it will changes colors or something!"
 (For the record, Roxas has not changed colors and is still living!)

The last night of VBS, there's a big carnival with games and giant inflatables. This year, there was a mishap with one of the inflatables, where too many kids were on one side and it tipped over. Thankfully, a few of the men spotted it as it began to shift and no one was hurt but it was a scary few minutes.
Chuck was in charge of the ping-pong water cup challenge, so Moose and I made the rounds-he particularly enjoyed the duck pond booth.

And what carnival could be complete without Sno-cones and face painting? I'm pretty sure Blaze had at least 3 Sno-Cones, and I know that Bryce had 2-they both seemed to have a Sno-cone in their hand every time I saw them!
VBS week can be kind of hectic, but we always are sad to see it end!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I think that I am a very lucky person to get all caught up on what the Lakes' have been doing! I'm going on vacation next week, so I'll probably miss anything that's posted then. I might just have to bring my kids to your church's VBS sometime - it looks AWESOME!