Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday
1. The medium sized kid has been cracking me up lately. Sunday afternoon, on the way to the library, we had this conversation:
J: "Mom, you know those commercials where they sell stuff on TV?"
Me: "Infomercials?"
J: "Yes, how come you have to be 18 to buy stuff, that's rude. Five year olds need stuff too."

 
2. We made our first trip to Urgent Care for 2010. Bryce and Keaton knocked heads and Bryce ended up with a black eye and nasty gash. No stitches (the skin was too thin over his eyelid) but a pretty impressive wound.

 
3. Bryce and Jarron are having a great time playing basketball for Upwards. Their team is 1-1, but more importantly, they are both playing hard and having fun.

 
4. Moosey will be 16 months old this Friday. He's starting to communicate more and more. Anytime someone comes home, he leads them to the pantry and stands there. If you say, "do you want a cookie?", he nods his head, says, "Yesh, tookie". So funny. He's such a smart little guy. He's very independent-loves to do things for himself but is still having trouble sleeping through the night. I think he must be a restless sleeper or something. He has a check up this Friday-I can't wait to see his growth chart.

 
5. I had to google what "smh" meant today after seeing it in a number of status updates on facebook. Am I that old, that I have to google for slang terms? (For the record, it means "shaking my head".) smh
 
6. It snowed a week or so ago, and the boys had a great time "shoveling" the driveway. I gave them a shovel and a couple of brooms and watched from the living room. I ended up going out later and re-shoveling but they had a lot of fun. (Those snow pants were purchased at Target like 3 years ago-I can't believe how well they have held up!)


 
 
7. We are going to a Miami Redhawks game with Jarron and our nephew Zachary this weekend. I think we are sitting next to Jarron's principal, so I guess we'll have to be on our best behavior.
 
8. I'm trying to take a picture every day this year. Not just of the kids, but of every day mundane stuff. Stuff that years from now, my grandkids will be able to go through and learn about who we were in 2010. I have an account on a site called Shuttercal.com-you can see the most recent picture of the day that I posted at the bottom of this blog. I think it will be a fun project. I certainly take enough pictures. :)
 
9. I am hopelessly addicted to Utz brand sourdough pretzels right now. One of my co-workers has a big barrel of them on her desk and every day at 3PM, I eat 10 pretzels, no more, no less. They are so yummy and delicious. I wonder how many calories they have in them?
 
10.  Many of my online scrapbooking friends having been making cards for kids that are struggling with cancer and other illnesses. I'm hoping to participate and put together some cards this weekend. If you are a crafter, I encourage you to help out. Anything that puts a smile on their face is worth it. I am constantly reminded how lucky and blessed we are to have four healthy boys.
For more info on Cards for Kids go to:
You'll see a button for it on the left side of the blog. I'm not an overly emotional person, I'm not a hugger, I typically keep my feelings/emotions to myself but I literally am brought to tears reading the story of Kate McRae, the little girl who inspired this card drive. You can read her mom's journal here

No comments: