Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Hmmnnnn...I'm starting this post at 11PM on Tuesday, so it still counts, right? :)

2. We had a very busy weekend- 2 soccer games and a birthday party! The soccer games went well, the twins' team won, but Jackson's team lost. But, most exciting of all? Bryce scored his very first goal. It was such a happy moment (both for him and his very proud mama!).




3. The bowling party was Saturday. Let me set the scene for you-14 boys between the ages of 2-13, unlimited bowling, and lots of cake. It was loud and chaotic (and there were times when I was absolutely sure someone was going to get hit with a bowling ball!) but everyone seemed to have a really great time.

The Whole Bowling Gang


Checking the Scores...


B&J With Their Cake

4. We brought our neighbor's son to the party with us-he is in Bryce and Jarron's class at school and he just cracks us up. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for good neighbors. But this particular kid? He is hilarious. I swear I laughed the entire car ride. This conversation is literally word for word what he said, all in one breath:
"My brother is going to Ohio State. My cousin wants to be a brain surgeon. Hey, did you see that commercial where the motorcycle hits the car? That was scary! I think I have 300 Pokemon cards."

5. We've decided Brody is a genius. Seriously. We taught him how to clap this week. He also started really crawling this week. He's just so alert and intelligent. At one point I said that to Chuck, "Moose is a genius." Jackson overheard me and said (completely serious), "You mean like Jimmy Neutron? 'Cuz that would be awesome!" So now I'm pretty sure Jackson thinks Moose possesses the ability to build rockets or something.

He's not eating the book, he's reading it!

6. The girl that I mentor at Withrow High School won a $4,000 scholarship from my company on Friday. I'm just so proud of her. She came to the US from Pakistan when she was 9, she spoke no English at all. She now has a 3.8 GPA, is the student council president, and has become a mentor to younger students. It just really made me think about how easy the road is for some people, and how hard it is for others. But I never, not even one time, in the 4 years I've worked with her, heard her complain about how hard the road was. Congrats T, you deserved it!

An extremely unflattering pic pf me, T, and the big check

7. So have you seen the commercials for the $5 Subway sandwiches? Jackson LOVES this jingle and any time you mention the word five, he begins singing the commerical. Fast forward to Friday, when he found a prize in our box of cereal-a $5 gift card! (You know here I am going with this right?)
So, he calls me at work to tell me of his big prize. And then he says, "So when you get home I want to go to Subway." "Why?", I ask. And he says, "To get my five dolla', five dolla', five dolla' footwooooooong."
And so Sunday afternoon, we did!


8. I am a terrible soccer coach, it's true! During our game Saturday, the ref said "OK Coach, your team has a goal kick." To which I replied, "Yeah, I don't know what that is, could you maybe just show the kids how to do that?" The sad part? The 5 year olds I coach already knew how and proceed to explain to "Coach Christina" how to do it. I'm real glad we only have 5 games left, I am not a fan of looking like an idiot. (And for the record, it's Coach Chuck 2-1, and Coach Christina 1-2)

9. Jackson is now officially registered for Kindergarten. We absolutely love the Kindergarten Center and Jackson really seemed excited to tour his new school!


10. I'm in the midst of planning our summer vacation. Anyone been to the Wisconsin Dells? What did you think????

No comments: