Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Eight Years Old!

Eight years ago today, Chuck and I went from being a couple to being a family.


After 40 long weeks of pregnancy, 36 even longer hours of labor, 2 epidurals, and a C-section, Baby A (aka Bryce Charles) and Baby B (Jarron Thomas) entered the world at 12:04 AM and 12 :05 AM. And our world changed.



Those first 3 weeks are a blur. I know that people came by, that diapers were changed, babies were fed and we occasionaly slept, but I dont remember much of it. I do remember holding the boys and wondering how we got so lucky. How we, of all people, were chosen to be their parents. I remember the blue glow of Jarron's billirubin blanket to help him fight jaundice. I remember Bryce's sweet round face, always so calm, but always the first to want a bottle. I remember how proud I felt to say "these are my sons".


And then I blinked...and they were 6 months old and sitting up and smiling and laughing...




And I blinked again...and we were celebrating their first birthday.




And then suddenly they were two.




And I blinked again and they were three and big brothers...




I blinked again and they were four...




And suddenly they were five and junior grooomsen in my brother's wedding...




And then I put them on a bus and they went to their very first day of school...



And then they were six...



And suddenly they were seven and big brothers once again.




And now eight. Eight Years Old!




Those tiny little babies that changed my world are now my world. They are little people I can talk to about politics, sports, or the weather. They share my love for reading and their Daddy's love for sports. They have a deep faith in God and walk close to Him. They have kind hearts and generous spirits. They are smart and funny and adorable. In short, they are amazing.



I don't think it is possible to put into words the love you have for your children. It's just too big. It's like trying to describe the ocean to someone who has never been there before. You can give them the facts, it's a body of water with fish, but until they see it for themselves, until they feel the waves on their legs, they just don't get it.



I never knew what it was to love your child until April 16, 2001. In that moment, I knew I would gladly give my life for theirs without hesitation. I knew that no matter who they became, I would love them with eveything I had.



Happy Birthday Bryce and Jarron. Thank you for making me a Mommy. Thank you for the best 8 years of my life. I love you so very much!

No comments: