Getting the ground ready for the garden...
Our little gardeners.
Blaze lending a hand with the planting.
2. Last week, I did something I haven't done in about 12 years. Something I likely won't be doing for another 12 years or for that matter, ever again. I rode a roller coaster! (I know!) I'm still not sure what possessed me to do it, other than trying to prove to the boys that I wasn't a scaredy cat. I felt very brave walking through the line with the twins to Flight Deck.
"Let's ride in the front car" they said.
Sure! And then as we mounted the final set of stairs, the fear hit me.
"Um, how about we ride in the middle car?" I said.
"Okay, Mom, we can do that, you aren't scared are you?" said Bryce.
"Maybe just a little. Maybe I'll just wait for you guys." I said.
"If you don't get on the coaster, Mom, you have have to sit in the box" said Jarron.
(They have this little box/cage thing that kids who aren't tall enough to ride have to sit while waiting for their parents.)
So I got on the coaster. And I screamed loudly the entire 32 seconds. It was terrifying. I won't be doing it again any time soon. Chuck said he knew right away when it was our turn to ride, he and the little boys could hear me screaming. Awesome.
This is Chuck and the boys riding Flight Deck, they were not screaming in terror.
3. The twins have not inherited my fear of heights or roller coasters, in fact, they've ridden pretty much every coaster at Kings Island that they are tall enough to ride. Bryce even rode Diamondback last week. I have a feeling Chuck and the boys will be spending a lot of time together this summer, waiting in line to ride the big rides.
Chuck and the boys on the Vortex.
4. Meanwhile, the Moose, Jackson and I are content to hang out in Planet Snoopy. (And when the weather gets warm enough-Boomerang Bay.) Jackson and I do venture over to the other side of the park to ride the Scrambler but other than that, these kind of rides are more our speed...
5. I love this picture of Jackson and Chuck-this one is getting framed for my desk at work.
6. Looks like Moose isn't the only kid I know who falls asleep eating. Must run in the family, because Keats did it this week too. We Sawyers like our sleep!
(He's holding a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!)
7. I may or may not have voted mulitple times for Lee DeWyze on American Idol via text message this week. Either way, I think he is by far the best singer on the show and I'm pretty sure he'll be in the final two.
8. The Moose loves oranges. Loves them. The only problem? He calls them "purples". I'm not sure why-I've tried to change his mind but he insists that they are "purples". He calls grapes, "bobbles". Such a funny little man.
Moose and his "purples"
9. I overheard this conversation tonight while the boys were playing "Civilazation" on XBOX.
Jarron: "Bryce, go fight the Barbarians"
Jackson: "Is that the place with the elephants and clowns and stuff"
Jarron: "Um no, that's the circus"
Jackson: "What's Barbarians?"
Jarron: "They are mean guys that fight and have clubs with spikes on them!"
Bryce: "Yeah, they are super evil!"
Jackson: "Hmmmnnn...that doesn't sound like nearly as much fun as the circus. I think I'll stick with the clowns."
10. I was reminded this week how lucky I am to have such kind, thoughtful, amazing friends and family in my life. I feel so very blessed to have each of you in my life-thank you so much!