Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

monster mash



I was working in the lab, late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab, began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash, he did the monster mash
The monster mash, it was a graveyard smash
He did the mash, it caught on in a flash
He did the mash, he did the monster mash

I think this might be it-the last year that all 4 of my boys dress up for Halloween. Quite frankly, the twins didn't really even dress up this year-just found stuff from around the house to make "costumes".
Bryce went as Clark Kent. 

Jarron went as a politician tired from a night of campaigning. {I know.}

Jackson was Robin-in a costume that was handmade by his Nana. Incredibly impressive!

And Moose was Flash. Of course. Which he demonstrated by running from house to house until he exhausted himself. At Trunk or Treat a number of people told him he looked like the little boy from "Daddy Day Care" which annoyed him--"I'm not Daddy DayCare! I'm Flash! Jeesh!" Ha ha.

Here in Fairfield, Halloween was almost cancelled. Well, postponed. A big nasty storm was scheduled to come through on Halloween night, bringing cold temperatures, high winds, and LOTS of rain. Fortunately for us, our awesome church had scheduled Trunk or Treat a few days before. 

Fun costumes, WAY too much candy and good friends = a successful Trunk or Treat.

On Halloween night, we didn't let a little rain and 40 MPH winds stop us. Out we went, and boy did we get lucky. Since not very many kids were trick or treating, people were just handing the kids handfuls of candy, it was CRAZY.

After awhile, the weather got the best of us too, and we headed to our warm, dry house, so Momma could eat, I mean "test" the candy. :)

No comments: