Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

The One With The Mega Update

Here it is, as promised, the "mega update"...
Since I last blogged (in no particular order)...
-This little guy officially turned two and got a whole slew of Elmo (Mo Mo) related presents. Including a "Knows Your Name" Elmo Cell Phone which you can program with one of over 15,000 names, but not the name "Moose". You can, however, program it to say Ebbaneza, Jakovian, Moonglow, and something that sounded a lot like Satan, but was spelled "Satin".
But not "Moose".
Really, Elmo?
"Moonglow" is an official name but "Moose" isn't?
Come on!
The phone that took me hours to program. He loves it, so I "guess" it's worth it.
-There were some football games that were played that were so exhausting to watch for the littlest guy in the house that he crashed mid-snack. This kid falls asleep eating more than any child I have ever seen. (And yes, sometimes I let my kids eat Cheetos. I am not a perfect parent-please do not send me emails about the evils of Cheetos, I am well aware of their place on the food pyramid.)


-There was the second birthday party extravaganza for Rizzo and Brody with the "Puppy Dog" theme, organized almost entirely by Aunt Fawna. I was really impressed with the "Pin the Tail on the Dog" game she found, as well as the cupcakes in the shape of the dog bone. Pretty clever. Even the big kids had fun, despite the fact that it was a party for toddlers!


-There was AWANA's club parents night for the Truth and Traing and Sparks clubs. My brother came to the Truth and Training club night since my nephew Blaze is in that club, so the boys were pretty excited to see him participating in the games. James was never much into sports growing up, so I was surprised to see he was pretty speedy on his run for his team! (As was Blaze-Go Blaze!)
And then on Sparks night, Don suffered what can only be described as the "mother of all wipe outs" while running for Andrew's team. It almost happened in slow motion. To his credit, he was running pretty fast and took the corner pretty hard, I could see him going down and people scrambling to get out of his way. I think he took out a few innocent bystanders when he went down. Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me to document his fall but believe me when I say that it was epic. It was definitely the talk of the night.

-There were play try-outs for Bryce. We had prepared for a dramatic reading but it turned out that he needed to perform a song and dance. No worries. He just got up and sang Aretha Franklin's "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" and did the Moonwalk, as if he had planned it all along! The kid is fearless! Needless to say, he got a part. :)


-And last but not least, there was a visit to Kings Island Halloween Fest-but that's another post for later this week. :)

No comments: