Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The One Where I Redesigned the Blog

So for awhile now, I've been thinking about re-designing the blog. I wanted something a little cleaner and simpler. And lo and behold, Blogger has a new design your own template feature. Um, yes, please. :)
So, here it is, the redesigned blog. I'm really loving the clean lines!
Along, with the look of my blog changing, I'm also going to be making some changes to the content. In the past, I've really focused on my "Ten on Tuesday" posts. And while, I love summing up a week in ten points; after two years, I'm getting a little bored. One of my big reasons for doing this blog is to record the memories of our family's adventures. The only problem is when I go to find that record, I have to search through a zillion posts of "Ten on Tuesday", so I'm going to do a better job of titling my posts in the future. I was a huge fan of the show "Friends" as a teenager/young adult. Every episode had a title of "The One Where...". So clever. So I'm "imitating" their creative genius (sounds better than "stealing their idea").
So there you have it, the newly re-designed blog. Oh, and did I mention that I would be posting more often? And not just about family stuff? But crafting ideas, fun things to do with your family and product reviews too? Oh yeah, I've got big plans for this little blog. I hope you'll join me on the journey. :)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Have you looked into providing product reviews for getting freebies or being paid to do the reviews? I follow a couple of blogs that the owners do this, and have wondered myself if it would be worth the time/effort. I do share via Facebook when I find an awesome product.

I recently redesigned my blog (if you haven't visited lately). I used the blogger draft function, and loved it. I'm so new to blogging I find it a little difficult to work with the html code, but I think I did okay with the step-by-step instructions. I also have trouble lining up my pictures and text the way I want them to. You seemed to do an awesome job on your blog.