Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

1. Let's just ignore the fact that I haven't updated the blog in awhile, shall we? I haven't really taken very many pictures lately either! I'm looking forward to some down time after Thanksgiving to regroup and get organized!

2. I did snap a few pictures of the boys at their Upward awards for Flag Football. The church that held the award ceremony was the biggest I have ever seen. The kids had a great time and Moose was generally well behaved. He was quiet as a mouse until someone would start praying then he'd either start humming or saying "Da!" really loud.


 
Ever spent much time with a bunch of 8 and 9 year old boys? Because this is how they typically display their excitement. I was just grateful they let me take a picture. That rarely happens these days.

3. I am really blessed to work for a company that not only believes in giving back to our community but encourages it. I was able to help out at a Habitat for Humanity house last week. The community we were building in wasn't the greatest-I couldn't help but think about how lucky we are and how much we have. It was some hard work (shoveling rocks; mudding, sanding, and painting walls; I even got to use power tools!) but it was so rewarding.






4. We've all been pretty sick in the last week-nasty stomach virus. But Jackson got things the worst. Not only did he get a stomach virus but he also got a horrible ear infection and his ear drum burst (again!). I'm happy to report he is feeling much better already but I got to make yet another visit to Urgent Care. I'm pretty sure they know us by name there now. Honestly.



5. Because he wasn't feeling well, he was pretty cranky Sunday and got really mad when I threw his milkshake away (he had left it on the counter when he took a nap). I told him his dad would get him a new one when he went out later. He didn't believe me and said, "You are a liar, you lied, one, two, three, four times! and I don't believe you!" He then followed up with, "And you are always in my business-why are you always in my business?" Hee. He was just absolutely miserable and in pain so he got a pass. (Trust me-our kids normally would never talk to us like that!) Rather than be upset I just had to laugh-it was such a ridiculous thing to say.

6. Jarron and Bryce had a sleep over at their friend Logan's house this weekend. Bryce talked all weekend about how he couldn't wait to try Logan's Mom's brownies. When I asked him the next morning how they tasted he said, "Well, the brownie itself was good but I made the mistake of putting ice cream and hot caramel on top-so it got all ice creamy and yucky. That's the last time I give in to peer pressure!" :) Let's hope so.

7. Jarron also had his share of witty remarks. At one point one of the boys at the party said, "My great-grandma is 91!" And Jarron said, "Mine's 99. When she doesn't listen to me, I just give her a poke. That really works with the seniors!"

8. I'm pretty sure Chuck sabotaged our TV so he could get a new one. A couple of weeks ago he was talking about how great the new plasmas are and how affordable they are getting. Low and behold, a day or two later our TV breaks, just stops working and we are forced to buy a new one. Coincidence? I think not.

9. I really, really want to go see 2012. I love cheesy disaster movies. LOVE THEM! I think my obsession with them started with "Twister", my all time favorite and grand-daddy of all natural disaster movies. Chuck, being the awesome husband that he is, finds the TV disaster movies when they are on and lets me know about them. He will even sit and watch them with me. You know a man loves you when he's willing to sit through "Earthquake in New York! The Big Tremblor!"

10. The new West Chester Library opened last week, I might need to make a little trip over there tonight for some reading material for the drive to Kentucky this weekend. I {heart} libraries! All of those books lined up all nice and neat, just waiting to be read...pure bliss. I am fully aware of how nerdy that sounds.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I have loved libraries since I was a kid. How many places can you go and get something for free?? My favorite thing to do is read - I read EVERYTHING, even boring cereal boxes. I just can't help myself! My daughter seems to be going down the same road. I swear it's in the genes.

I was just wondering when you'd get back to your blog! I look for it every week (sorry if that makes you embarrassed, but it makes me look like a loser, so there!)

I LOVE the things your boys say :-)